I have just spent an amusing half hour or so populating this map. Hopefully, I will be able to get it to display below, but in case I can't make it work properly, do click on the link to see all the many and varied places my work has gone.
It highlights some interesting gaps. I clearly need to do more outside of Western Europe, the US and Canada. On the other hand, these are places where people are - even in the current economic climate - more likely to have disposable income for luxuries. So maybe it's not surprising. (Australia and NZ, no excuse, though...) A surprisingly large number of people who buy my work live in seaside towns. (Maybe a disposable income correlation there too, though.) A lot of people from Pennsylvania buy my work, compared to other places in the US. (Hello Pennsylvanians, do tell me more about your state. You clearly like well made handcrafted jewellery, but what else should I know about you?)
Friday, 1 July 2011
Magic of Google Maps
Labels:
customers,
geography,
handcrafted,
handmade,
jewellery,
jewelry,
map,
Pennsylvania,
places my work has gone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment